NERSA Learnerships Programme
The Energy Regulator wishes to recruit learners for its Learnership Programme, with effect from April 2014.
NERSA’s Learnership Programme is aimed at providing young graduates from further education and training institutions and universities with access to theoretical training and on-the-job experience in order to prepare them for future employment opportunities. The Programme will also assist NERSA in building a pool of scarce skills from which it can recruit employees based on its operational requirements.
The duration of the NERSA Learnership Programme will be 12 months. Learners chosen will be required to enter into a 12-month contract with NERSA (with no guarantee of permanent employment thereafter, but the opportunity will be considered on merit).
The Learnership Programme will be provided in the regulatory functions, namely Electricity, Piped-gas and Petroleum Pipelines industries.
Learners will obtain a National Certificate in Energy Regulation after successful completion of the Learnership Programme. Learners will not receive a salary but will be awarded a stipend of R4 950.00 a month for the duration of the Learnership Programme.
• Graduates in the following fields/disciplines: Engineering (Electrical, Chemical and Industrial); Economics; and Accounting
• Between the ages of 21 and 30
• The ability to speak, read and write in English
• A completed degree or diploma or relevant FET Certificate
• Must not be studying at any other institution
• Must not be registered for any other learnership
• Must not have a criminal record
• Province of origin must be indicated on CV.
Submit a comprehensive CV with copies of qualifications and ID document